We need to talk about Shelly. At Elaine Turner, we love to give you the scoop on the latest summer trends, but there is one trend right now that is hotter than a Houston summer afternoon. Seriously, this trend is everywhere, from blogs and social media to the all the hottest travel destinations. We can’t stop seeing Shelly, the ultimate summer circular crossbody, and we think we know why.
It’s the perfect summer bag – safe for travel, a must have for going out, and a match-made in heaven for nearly every outfit. You heard me – nearly every outfit – because the first word that comes to mind when I think of Shelly is versatile. A stylish companion for the gal on the go, this round camera bag is small enough to wear anywhere effortlessly.
You might be thinking, “Elaine, are you asking me to sacrifice function for fashion?” Of course not! Shelly easily fits an iPhone 7 plus along with your purse essentials – wallet, keys, chapstick, sunscreen, room key, selfie stick, and, naturally, your camera!
Ditch fanny packs (*shudders*) and huge, cumbersome bags (that might as well come with a hook for all the fishing) for this simple, compact crossbody. Shelly hits at the hip and is topped with fun leather tassels on the shoulder and zipper. Need more convincing about Shelly’s versatility? She comes in four unique textiles: cork, leather (navy), python, and white snake.
These bloggers know how to balance vibrant summer colors with fun summer neutrals. Shelly in Snake Cork was born to be in the sun. She goes perfectly with bright dresses and dazzling patterns, and her classic shape contributes some structure needed to pull together beautiful, flowy, and breezy outfits. Shout out to A Pinch of Lovely for rocking her Shelly travel bag in Italy, temporarily fulfilling our vicarious wanderlust.
Pair Shelly in Snake Cork with Your Elaine Turner Favorites
- Larisa in Poly Chiffon comes in bright coral and multi palm, and the material makes for light, flowy movement that is just begging to be paired with a Shelly bag.
- Fit for covering up by the pool or drinks at the bar, Penelope dress is available in coral, cobalt and Kelly green.
- Don’t sell yourself short! Throw in some Paloma, Kimberly, or Zandra wedges or to maximize on all things cork.
Live in (Navy) Leather
At the end of the day, there’s a Shelly for everybody. While Shelly in Snake Cork, screams summer, Shelly in Leather gives this circular trend a classic touch. The navy leather with suede details means this bag can be carried from season to season. If you ask me, I think Shelly in Leather might even have some transitional fall hues hidden behind its summer fame. There’s something about this bag that pulls together any look, especially those with blue tones like cute jean shorts and chic, Tencel dresses.
Pair Shelly in Leather with Your Elaine Turner Favorites
- Seeing Lauren Spann work Shelly in Leather is giving us some major Tencel envy. Try Shelly with Samara or Lolita in Tencel for a sophisticated and comfortable look.
- Why not play up that trendy summer suede? Sport Rosario, Milani, or Maddie in Suede to bring out Shelly in Leather’s suede details.
Pretty in Python
Is it really an Elaine Turner bag if it doesn’t come in Python? The metallic shimmer on this python print has the head-turning power to glamorize any look. Let’s face it, a pop of python is a pop of fun, but the combination of the python sheen and the classic round shape in this Shelly crossbody also creates a feeling of luxury. Kudos to Blonde in the District red lips as the perfect bold compliment to this bold bag.
Pair Shelly in Python with Your Elaine Turner Favorites
- As Fashion Over Fatigue has figured out, Shelly in Python pairs beautifully with white. Pair Shelly in Python with off-the-shoulder Liliana or Lolita in Cotton to take these classic, flirty dresses to the next level.
- Round of applause to Dress Well, Travel Often for pairing bold wither bolder. We are in love with the double python pairing and can’t wait to try it ourselves. Grab a Tara in Python top or Zia in Python wedge and let loose.
Do No Wrong with White Snake
Shelly in White Snake is the most versatile of them all. She’s the belle of all balls, a simple, clean, and classy addition to any summer look. The white, circular shape adds a brightness and sophistication to every type of outfit whether it’s a shirt and shorts, a rockin’ romper, or flowing summer dress.
Pair Shelly in White Snake with Your Elaine Turner Favorites
- Look at the beautiful bloggers. Do you see what I’m seeing? All three of them hopped on the same wavelength to make a brilliant fashion discovery. Shelly in White Snake goes flawlessly with stripes! Slip on a pair of Wendy in Suede sneakers, so Shelly can make the shoe’s white stripes pop.
- We hear you, One Small Blonde. Shelly in White Snake deserves a summer romper. Good thing there’s Tatiana in Rayon Crepe to fulfill all your romper needs.
The thing about the Shelly Crossbody is that the boundaries are limitless. I hope you’ve enjoyed these summer suggestions, but I’m even more excited to see you discover endless, new ways to work our favorite summer bag.