Spring is in full force these days. Flowers are blooming, the air is crisp, and my sinuses are under attack (thanks a lot, pollen). As you are well aware, our Modern Havana collection is live in stores and online. It’s been such a journey from design to implementation, and I couldn’t be happier to see the collection come to life—and see YOU wearing it! Rock those Landas and Kimberly wedges, girl.
One of the best things about this collection, and all of the collections we design, is our commitment to attempt to seamlessly merge industry trends into our assortment while also staying true to our core Elaine Turner brand aesthetic. It’s not as easy as it sounds actually, but it’s a job I gladly accept — I’ll take interpreting trends over brain surgery any day!
As you know, trends are constantly evolving in fashion, which is inspiring to us during the design process, but my mission is to always remain true to our signature brand identity and purpose. The question I often ask myself before the design process begins is: how do I stay true to my customer and continue to inspire her with newness? I find myself walking a fine line each season in an attempt to discover the answer. Interpreting the latest trends each season allows us to modernize our brand in a way that is fresh and new to the consumer and I embrace the journey.
Luckily, this season has several trends that are in complete synergy with our brand sensibility. It’s been extremely fulfilling to see the trends come full circle and to see novelty, fun and color come back in full force!
Here are some of our favorite trends this season. I hope you find them as inspiring as we do!
It’s all about the tropics this season! And there is nothing more satisfying than to see this trend all over the market. Elaine Turner loves to create a sense of fantasy, wanderlust and escapism in our designs. You will see raffia, color and signature tropical prints across our Havana collection.
- A customized print of the season, our palm print material instantly adds color to any outfit. It’s truly reminiscent of tropical living but glam enough to be worn anywhere.
- You can find our palm print material on our Larissa dress, Landa dress, and Tamara shirt.
- We all know I love python as it is a signature ET textile, and our Tropicana python this season is unique and stunning. Another customized print, it is the statement of the season. Its multi-colored vibrant hues give a WOW factor to handbags and shoes.
- You can find our Tropicana Python material on our Karina wedge, Rio sandal, Bella clutch, Franklyn bag, Simona bag, and Mini coin wallet.
Sleeves can make or break a piece of apparel. And, here at Elaine Turner, we strongly believe in a statement sleeve to bring the glam.
- Turn up the heat with a this fun trend detail of the season, an open shoulder/slit. It’s modern, chic, and gives a sense of elegance to your apparel all around.
- You can find open sleeves/slits on our Clarita shirt and Landa Kaftan.
- When you’re feeling flirtatious, off-the-shoulder is the way to go. It’s a key trend for the spring and a key trend for Havana!
- You can find off-the-shoulder sleeves on our Liliana dresses.
- Flowy sleeves are our favorite. It provides a beautiful volume to any dress or shirt instantly.
- You can find wing sleeves on our Larissa dress, Leya dress, and Lainey dress.
The casual chic movement is probably the most significant trend in the market the past several seasons. Our sneakers continue to shine as the perfect addition to your everyday wardrobe. Sneakers are constantly evolving as a trend in fashion, and we love incorporating them in our collections season after season.
- Sneakers that can be worn with jeans to a sundress are hard to pull off, but our sneakers tend to do the trick. They’re casual, yet cool and most importantly, comfortable!
- Find this trend in our best-selling Maddie sneakers.
Whatever your favorite trend of the season, ET offers numerous options to enliven your wardrobe. I invite you to explore these trends in beautiful, unique statement pieces. Most importantly, have fun with spring fashion this season.
Happy shopping, trendsetters!
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, I’d be thrilled if you’d share it. And don’t forget to follow and subscribe to Join the Collective!